Omron M2 Classic Blood Pressure Monitor
OMRON M2 Basic
The M2 Basic fully automatic upper arm blood pressure monitor gives you comfortable, quick and accurate blood pressure monitoring. It measures your blood pressure and pulse rate simply and quickly. Accuracy as well as comfort is ensured with Intellisense technology, which always inflates the cuff to the peak pressure that is tailored to your own blood pressure level, ensuring a more comfortable measurement.
Hypertension – what is blood pressure?
- The heart is a very powerful pump that beats steadily
- The pressure created by the heart to pump the blood through the blood vessels is called blood pressure
- When the heart muscle contracts the blood surges through the arteries – this is when the systolic (upper) blood pressure value occurs
- The diastolic (lower) value is the resting pressure before the heart contracts again
- Ideally your blood pressure should be below 140/85 mmHg
There are approximately 16 million people in the UK with high blood pressure, however nearly two thirds are not aware of the fact, which is understandable when there are no symptoms. However, if left, high blood pressure can lead to strokes and heart problems.
Every OMRON blood pressure monitor is tested for accuracy against the clinical guidelines for measuring blood pressure that are specified by the European Society of Hypertension. A clinically validated monitor means that it has undergone tests conducted by independent doctors according to a predetermined protocol, which includes ensuring the accuracy of the measurements (algorithm) of the blood pressure monitors.
OMRON Intellisense is an advanced technology for blood pressure measurement. An Intellisense monitor inflates the cuff to the ideal level for each use, meaning that each reading has a personalised inflation level that is right for the user.
Benefits of the OMRON M2 Basic
- An Intellisense monitor inflates the cuff to the ideal level with each use
- No adjustments are required by the user to select an inflation level
- Easy Cuff enables you to position the cuff more easily
- Comes with last reading memory so you can view your previous reading at the touch of a button
The technology- Easy Cuff
The M2 Basic comes complete with a medium sized Easy Cuff (22-32 cm) which makes it even easier to fit he cuff correctly on your arm.
According to the blood pressure classification by the International Society of Hypertension (1999)
Easy to use
OMRON's M2 Basic allows you to measure your blood pressure with ease and accuracy in the comfort of your own home in just a few steps. After positioning yourself and the cuff, it's simply a matter of turning the machine on, pressing start, and then recording the measurement.
By developing state-of-the-art products that match high criteria in blood pressure monitoring technology, OMRON offers long lasting quality and accuracy. Typically, OMRON monitors are clinically validated, assuring you reliable readings. By taking steps to monitor and manage your own blood pressure, you can vastly improve the chances of greater long-term health and be able to provide your doctor with valuable information.
Share this Post
Omron Upper Arm Blood pressure Monitor
Offering precision and comfort with our Easy-Wrap ComFit Cuff that fits standard and large Arms, the 7 Series Upper Arm Blood…Read More
Mobile phone Blood pressure Monitor
About 70 years ago, Franklin Roosevelt died of essentially untreated hypertension, with years of exams describing a progression…Read More